Concrete is often gray but it dries in varying tones of gray. It does look great with contemporary or utilitarian design themes but there are those who would want the opportunity to choose the color they want. Homeowners often use tile, carpets, or any other type of material to acquire a decorative look. While this is still a good idea, it can be quite expensive and exhausting to clean and maintain.
It is such great fortune that it is one versatile material. It is so versatile that it can be modified, both in function and form, to enhance appeal and performance without spending an exorbitant amount of money. Colored concrete is one way to do this. Why settle for inconsistent colors when you can choose one that satisfies your needs and wants perfectly.
Top Advantages of Coloring Concrete
Many property owners are used to the traditional method of using carpets, tiles, wood, and even stone to cover up concrete surfaces. While these definitely make the surface more interesting, it is quite a huge investment. There are coloring options that are affordable but comes with notable benefits, such as:
- Concrete slabs can now appear in any color under the sun. It provides a great opportunity to make floors or outdoor surface match or complement the entire home.
- You can customize your floors with patterns or designs, just like how you would customize a wall with murals.
- Adding color to concrete makes it possible to cover up any discoloration or blemish on the surface.
Types of Colored Concrete Materials
- Stained Concrete – This is probably one of the most suitable methods of coloring slabs. Acid stain concrete create unique effects and varying tones of one color. Water-based stains are more consistent, perfect for custom patterns.
- Integral – This type of coloring is integrated into a concrete mix right before it is poured. This creates a subtle color as compared to other coloring options.
- Dry-Shake – This is a powdered coloring agent that is added to the concrete right after it has been poured and troweled flat. It is broadcasted evenly and creates a rich color because it stays on the surface. It is because it stays on top that the color easily fades or scratches off.
- Dye – This is just like stains. It comes in two types: acid and water-based. The difference is that dyes produce translucent colors regardless which type is used.
Start enjoying the beauty of colored concrete now. Call (678) 534-3930 today.
Plain concrete surfaces can be transformed into luxurious masterpieces with just the addition of color. Atlanta Concrete Artisans is a leading decorative concrete contractor that specializes in decorative concrete stamping, resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing patios, pool decks, driveways, interior floors, and more. Our team has the skill and experience to color slabs with utmost perfection. We guarantee top quality results every single time.
But don’t take our word for it. Call or email us at your most convenient time. We’d love to schedule a free consultation and quote for you.