More often than not, you can only use the words “warm” and “cozy” for indoor living spaces like the living room and bedroom. However, Atlanta, Georgia’s remodeling industry is extending the comfortable living space people are so used to from indoors to the patio. Forget about steel or wooden benches. Nowadays, concrete patios show couches with pillows, a throw, and other things you only see indoors. As the setting upgrades to a warm and cozy level, so should the concrete patio surface. You don’t even have to worry about budget for this. There are affordable resurfacing and refinishing options that homeowners will surely love.
Why Resurface or Refinish a Concrete Patio?
There are many different ways you can improve the look and function of a damaged or worn-out concrete patio. But why are concrete overlays and coatings trending these days? Here are the perks you should know about:
- Durability – Stamped overlays and spray texture coatings are very durable, even though just a thin layer of it is used on the slab. With proper installation, it can stand up to damage just as much as expensive materials like stone, tile, or brick.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – These solutions are called decorative for this very reason. Stamped overlay, for example, can be stamped with many different types of patterns. The most popular include Ashlar, Flagstone, Brick, and more. The spray down concrete system provides a textured surface that is similar to stucco but less intense. These can be further enhanced with concrete staining, engraving, and custom scorelines.
- Easy Upkeep – Who has time for cleaning and maintaining patios? Not everyone can spare time to wear an apron, equipped with cleaning products, and armed with a spray bottle, stick broom, or whatever you need to clean an outdoor surface. Decorative coatings and overlays require simple cleaning and minimal maintenance only.
- Affordable – Compared to tearing out the existing patio and pouring a new batch of concrete, resurfacing or refinishing it instead will be a big moneysaver.
Concrete Resurfacing Coatings & Overlays
After learning about the features of the different coatings and overlays that can be used on concrete patios, here are brief descriptions of each:
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – This overlay is placed on top of an existing slab and then stamped with the chosen pattern or design. Stamped concrete patio can be done with mats or manually by hand.
- Spray Knockdown Finish – Unlike other coatings, the spray texture is sprayed on the surface, not poured. After spraying, the trowel knocks down the sharp tips of the sprayed material. This process makes a stucco like appearance with a more subtle texture.
Turn the cozy level up one notch with a decorative concrete patio. Call (678) 534-3930 today!
The concrete patio is a great outdoor area to hang out with friends, gather with family, or to just enjoy the outdoors with a good book. If you are going to spend that much time on the patio, might as well make it stunning and comfortable. Atlanta Concrete Artisans is a licensed contractor that specializes in optimizing patios at prices anyone can afford. We take pride in our work and pay great attention to detail.
Call or email to resurface, refinish, or repair your concrete patio now. We would love to hear from you.