Atlanta Epoxy Floors, GA: Durable and Cost-Effective
Atlanta Epoxy Floors – The Best in Georgia
When it comes to durable and seamless garage flooring solutions, no one does it better than Atlanta Concrete Artisans. We are highly trained in installing epoxy coatings on both residential, commercial, and industrial concrete Atlanta epoxy floors.
Garage floors go through a lot of use and abuse. Not only does it have to deal with foot and vehicular traffic, but it also deals with stored items, woodwork, automobile repairs, mud, rainwater chemicals, and more. While a concrete garage floor Atlanta coating seems ideal, it can acquire terrible damage from heavy and continuous usage. Some people in Atlanta GA, think that the only way to make it durable is by using expensive floor materials.
Atlanta Concrete Artisans offers the best epoxy flooring and polyurea polyaspartic . A coating that restores concrete garage floors making it more durable, easier to clean and maintain, and definitely more appealing than it has ever been before.
Epoxy Floor Coating
Epoxy is a two-part material consisting mainly of an epoxy resin and polyamine hardener. This coating is applied on top of concrete flooring to give it a more durable and seamless surface. Although often used on garage floor Atlanta, it can also be used on basement floors, interior floors, and indoor commercial flooring. It is quite sensitive to UV rays, so it is highly recommended to only use it indoors. It is important to understand that this is different from epoxy paint, which is only a type of paint with a bit of epoxy for extra durability and adherence. Epoxy floor coating, on the other hand, is pure epoxy.
Noteworthy Features of Epoxy Floor Coating
- Easy Installation – Epoxy floor coating is fairly easy to install. It is a quicker fix than replacing the whole concrete garage slab. Although easy to install, mixing the two parts together can be quite tricky. A professional installer would be able to mix it properly and install it efficiently.
- Extremely Durable – Garage floor epoxy, when given enough time to cure, hardens to a very hard flooring material. Although only a thin layer is installed on the surface of concrete flooring, it is enough to provide a tough surface that can not be easily penetrated, scratched, or dented.
- Damage-resistant – It is resistant to most damaging elements, such as impact, chemicals, moisture, abrasion, and more.
- Appealing – Appeal is often compromised on garage flooring. It is often exposed to chemicals, oil, grease, and many other things that make a floor look messy. Epoxy puts beauty into a garage floor, thanks to the variety of colors it is available in. If you want something more decorative, micro paint chips can be broadcasted onto the epoxy coating.
- Slip-resistant – Epoxy floor Atlanta, GA may be smooth and seamless, but it is slip-resistant. You can enhance traction further by adding additives into the last coating.
- Economical – Replacing the whole concrete slab or adding expensive flooring materials on top of it will definitely hurt your finances. When it comes to affordability, epoxy coating is the best option. It restores the old concrete floors, improving its look and function at the same time.
- Easy to Clean & Maintain – Most types of flooring materials come with specific care and maintenance guidelines. Not epoxy floor coating. All you need is a broom to sweep off dirt and a mop to clean up spills.
- Eco-friendly – Because it restores old concrete, an epoxy floor reduces the need for cement production, thus, lowering carbon footprint, and you’ll be enjoying your epoxy flooring Atlanta, GA more than ever.
Epoxy Flooring Atlanta Installation Process
Epoxy coating is easy to install, with the help of a skilled and experienced decorative concrete contractor equipped with the proper tools and equipment:
Step 1: First off, the existing garage floor is checked and inspected for any damage. If damage exists but is easily repairable, it is eligible for an epoxy installation. If the damage is skin-deep, it might require extensive repair or concrete replacement.
Step 2: The floor then undergoes surface preparation. This involves repairing any existing damage. The floor must also be free of grease and dirt to prevent the epoxy from peeling or bubbling.
Step 3: Once all repairs and grinding are done, the surface is washed, rinsed, and air-dried.
Step 4: If the garage flooring Atlanta, GA has a coating or sealer, it needs to be removed through floor grinding. To open the pores of the concrete floor and enhance optimum adherence, it needs to be etched. This is often done with an acidic solution made up of water and muriatic acid.
Step 5: The two parts that make up epoxy floor coating is mixed thoroughly and prepared for application. If going for metallic epoxy floors, the pigment is added to the mixture prior to installation. The coating is poured onto the concrete flooring and spread with a roller brush to ensure even application.
Step 6: For a terrazzo look, paint chips can be broadcasted onto the first layer of epoxy floor. Excess paint chips are then swept off or vacuumed.
Step 7: The topcoat is applied as a second layer for a more durable surface and to seal paint chips in place if added. Concrete sealing is optional. Consult a contractor.
Work only with professional epoxy flooring contractors. Call (678) 534-3930 today!
Atlanta Concrete Artisans is a name you can trust in the world of decorative concrete. We specialize in polyurea polyaspartic coatings and epoxy flooring for garage, basement, and interior flooring. We service both residential and commercial locations in the Atlanta GA area. We take pride in our work and our hard-working installers. It is our mission to provide superior resurfaced epoxy flooring Atlanta, GA with the utmost attention to detail and quality.
Do you have questions you need to ask? Have your epoxy floor in Atlanta be transformed by the best contractor in Atlanta GA! Call us, and we would be glad to provide the answers you are seeking for about Atlanta epoxy flooring. We also cater to installing your concrete patio Atlanta, GA and other more services! We give FREE consultations and quotes.