Concrete is not a new thing. It is a common base material and has been that way since time immemorial. One reason why it is preferred as a base material is because it is durable and it is not an attractive topping. Well, that is not so true anymore. Although it is indeed durable, it can now be made more attractive and pleasing to the eye. Atlanta Concrete Artisans offer decorative concrete staining, an ideal refinishing method for both indoor and outdoor surfaces. We guarantee impressive results that will surpass expectations and give you the best Atlanta concrete staining you’d ever have.
Understanding Atlanta Concrete Staining
Stained concrete is a refinishing method that involves the addition of color on slabs, coatings, or overlays. In contrast to paint, stains penetrate the surface, thus, providing long lasting color that does not peel or flake. Now, if you’re looking for a great Atlanta concrete staining, read on because you are in the right hands.
- Acid Stain – This type of Atlanta concrete staining is known for the chemical reaction it triggers once it comes in contact with concrete. The reactive stain contains metallic salts that, when exposed to lime in the slab, creates random effects and shades that make each and every single floor unique to all others. The translucent color and patterns are similar to natural stone and leather.
- Water-based Stain – In contrast to the acidic version, this stain is non-reactive to your concrete flooring. The color that shows upon application is the same color you get when it dries. It features an opaque finish that is consistent all throughout the surface. This is an ideal Atlanta concrete staining to use for custom projects where graphics or designs need to be incorporated into the floor.
Why Choose Atlanta Concrete Staining?
Colored concrete has been around for years. Although there are other methods to acquire this, such as paint, dyes, and pigments, stains are preferred by more concrete floor owners, designers, and contractors. Compared to other coloring solutions, stains offer the most benefits, such as:
- A Variety of Color Options – Acid stain colors include those with blue-green and earthy tones. Water-based, on the other hand, come in almost any color imaginable. They can be mixed and matched to produce more interestingly customized hues giving you an interesting Atlanta concrete staining look.
- Resistance to UV Rays – Compared to other coloring methods, concrete staining can be done outdoors. Stained concrete driveway, patio, pool deck, etc., is highly resistant to outdoor elements, such as UV rays, snow, and rain. Other types of colorants are quite sensitive to UV rays.
- Can Be Used on Old & New Concrete – Stains, be it acid or water-based, can be used on any concrete surface, be it old or newly-poured. It is important to remember though that a new surface should have cured for a month first before it can be stained. Other colorants only work on new surfaces.
- Versatile Usage – Aside from concrete surface, stains can also be used on overlay and coatings. It is an ideal add-on especially for stamped surfaces that aim to replicate the look of natural stone, giving your Atlanta concrete staining a natural tone.
Stained Concrete Price Range
Compared to other concrete flooring enhancement, staining concrete is a more economical choice. It helps restore the slab while transforming it into an eye-pleasing delight. Although low-cost, the details of the Atlanta concrete staining project could incur additional charges. For example, multiple colors and custom designs can add to the total cost. Here is a brief look at the different Atlanta concrete staining options, starting from the most simple and affordable:
- Basic Stain – For structurally sound slabs with zero to minimal surface damage. This includes a single color stain and sealing.
- Intermediate Stain – This includes surface preparation and minor repairs, single color stain, and sealing.
- Upgraded Stain – This includes surface repair and preparation, multiple stain colors, complex patterns or designs, and sealing.
- High-end Stain – Concrete surfaces undergo surface preparation, repair, custom designs, scoring, hand Atlanta concrete staining, and sealing.
We offer free evaluations, in-home consultations, and price quotes. We make sure that each of our customers is well-informed and decided before hiring us to handle their staining projects.
Work with an expert decorative concrete contractor to achieve the best Atlanta concrete staining. Call (678) 534-3930 now!
Interior and exterior concrete surfaces in Atlanta deserve top quality decorative solutions. Atlanta Concrete Artisans offer a combination of premium concrete stains, expertise, and experience to bring plain old boring floors to life. We make sure that the smallest detail is addressed and that we do not miss a spot. Our work comes with a warranty. We only hire hard-working and passionate employees to ensure impressive customer service and results.
Interested in stained concrete? Call or email us at your most convenient time. Let’s schedule a free consultation so we could discuss your concrete patio ideas and options.