Concrete is a popular material for pool decks in Atlanta, Georgia because it is affordable and durable. More often than not, homeowners have it topped off with tile or stone to make it look more appealing and to make it safer. This method works but it is indeed expensive. Want something more affordable? Spray Knockdown Finish. Sounds interesting? Read on to learn more.
Why Choose Spray Texture for Pool Decks, Patios, Driveways & Other surfaces
Spray texture is an acrylic concrete coating that is used by concrete driveway contractors for resurfacing concrete surfaces. Unlike other coatings and overlays, this is loaded into a hopper gun, sprayed on the surface, and then knocked down with a trowel. Here are some of its notable features:
- A knockdown finish is most notable for its texture. It is similar to stucco, but the sharp tips of the sprayed material is knocked down. This troweled finish is textured enough to enhance grip and slip-resistance.
- This knockdown texture does more than make it slip-resistant, it also creates air pockets that help air circulate around the foot. This means the surface is cooler to walk on despite being exposed to the sun for hours. One other reason why it stays cool is that it reflects heat instead of absorb it, like most paving materials do.
- Spray knock-down finish is an affordable concrete repair option. It restores the old concrete, covers up any blemish or damage it may have, and gives the slab a new look and improved function.
- It can be customized to your liking with the use of concrete stains. Other pool deck resurfacing options include engraving, adding scorelines, and expansion joints.
- A spray-down concrete resurfacing can be done not only on concrete pool decks, but also on resurfaced patios, driveways, walkways, and entryways.
Knockdown Texture Spray Costs
The cost of a spray knockdown finish is an economical option because it uses the existing concrete slab and requires only a thin layer of the acrylic concrete material. There are many factors that could affect the overall costs. One is how large the space is. The wider the space, the higher the cost since it is calculated per square foot. Another factor is whether it will be customized or not. Scoring, engraving, or staining are additional services that require a skilled artisan. The number of stain colors may also affect the total costs.
Revamp that old concrete with an innovative overlay? Call (678) 534-3930 now!
When it comes to knockdown texture on concrete, nothing comes close to the skill and experience that our team at Atlanta Concrete Artisans has. We are among the leading concrete contractors in Georgia, and make sure that each installer is highly trained and regularly updated with the latest technology and info to provide better spray texture solutions. We are proud of our work and how much we pay attention to details to ensure perfect results every single time.
Interested in a spray knockdown finish? We are just a call away. Call us and we’ll schedule a free in-home consultation for you.